SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleymagpie

Did I get lucky shopping today!

valleymagpie
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

The past weeks have been so hot that I haven't been shopping much. But today was just like a breezy, perfect fall day, high 70ú, and 92 sales advertised in the paper!

I bought significant things only at two places, one large rummage sale and the Goodwill As-Is Store. But to DH's chagrin, I loaded up on home and garden magazines (I always find some projects for him LOL!!)

I found these wonderful things at the rummage sale:

Eight vintage napkins and border tablecloth, a smaller tablecloth, and the bright red cloth which is new, but looks handmade because of the hem. All four for 60â!

Then my favorite of the day--these perfect little "brick" cardboard houses, complete with the "Made in Japan" stamp on the bottom. They have a hole in the back for a Christmas light and cellophane in the windows. Even the cellophane is intact, except for a tiny rip in one window, they are in such good condition. Funny, when I was a kid "Made in Japan" was considered junk... she charged me 10â for all three!

The quilted table runner is about 7 feet long and is perfect for my lodge-y decor. Only 25â.

And for good measure, this perfect condition Kitchenaid hand mixer (looks brand new) for $1.00.

At the Goodwill store I bought these crocheted snowflakes for 75â and the dish sets were $1.00 each. DH always sighs when I bring in more dishes (I may post the great new shelf he has made in the basement) but how can I resist at $1.00 a set?

I've seen some of your great buys lately, seems like we're getting into the Christmas (shopping) spirit!

- Magpie

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions