SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoutfinch72

Finally an update on my kitchen progress!

scoutfinch72
8 years ago

Here is the previous thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3426566/demolition-has-begun

So, we started almost exactly 4 weeks ago. There have been a few delays that have snowballed a bit so I'm not optimistic that we will finish by our Thanksgiving target date but we'll survive either way. We've been living with the fridge, microwave and dining table in the living room so I will be glad when we get to the point where we can move back in to the 500 sf that are closed off with a zip wall right now! Our contractor is so detail oriented and I swear he remembers every single thing I say to him. His subs have been on time, polite and have done nice work thus far.

Since my last update, all of the rough electrical and plumbing were completed, drywall was repaired and skim coated and the ceiling textured, DH and I primed and painted the entire space, and in the last 2 days flooring has been going in! It seems like more happened during that time but I'm blocking it out!

Below is the laundry/mud room floor (not grouted yet)

Floors installed and sanded. Sample stains put down for us to decide on tonight. You can see where the flooring transitions to the stone in the raised part of the living room. There will be a t-molding transition piece there. We would have loved to get the floors to exactly the same height but even when we went down to the subfloor there's still a small height difference. We had the same issue in our last house in reverse where the kitchen was a bit lower and no one ever tripped so I think it will be fine.

Looking the other way into the dining area. Again, the duct will be replaced with rigid for the hood. Walls are painted Benjamin Moore Silver Lake. Cabinets will go to the ceiling and that's the last wall I painted so I didn't want to bother edging up there

Here are the stains we are debating with the white perimeter cabinet sample and the BM Kendall Charcoal island paint sample. DH likes the top one. Everyone else I've asked likes the bottom, ugh. Would you all like to weigh in here?

Comments (24)