SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
r0616

My Husband told my adult son to get out of our lives.

r0616
8 years ago

This is my first attempt posting to a forum, if I sound a little confused that is my excuse...

My husband and I have been married 24 years. We have one son 23 years old together and I have a son 25 years old from a previous marriage.

My adult son which is 25 from the previous marriage cannot do anything right in my husbands eyes. He has been out of our house since he was 18 yrs old after graduating High School, went directly into the Military for which he was discharged for medical reasons. He has 3 small children, 2 of which are with the mother out of state the third is with my son and his current wife. He has been in and out of jobs since the military and does not agree with our direction of advice, my husband has come to hate him and has told him to remove himself from our lives.

I am torn and heart broken. We already have a tough time trying to spend any time with our grandchildren before, now it is worse. The 2 grandchildren out of state with their mother which will not communicate with us unless she feels the need (which is almost never). And to cut off ties with my son, I feel I am cutting off all hope of being a grandparent.

Any advice or comparable situations would be appreciated.

thank you,

Torn

Comments (10)