SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

10/27/15: Tips & recipes & thoughts to healthy life and healthy roses

strawchicago z5
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

The above is a heap of stuffed animals which my daughter piled up for fun. Which reminds me of the cumulative weight/burden we impose on our back & joints & feet when we dig our graves with a fork. Re-post the link of tips to lose weight:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tips-losing-weight_562e8606e4b00aa54a4ab51b

Thoughts that helped me: Dolly Parton stays slim with her life-long habit, she eats 3 bites of a yummy food, and NO MORE. Practice portion-control is actually fun, once it becomes a habit. Instead of finishing food, I told myself "You don't have to eat that, you can give it to God." So I wrapped the rest and put away, GREAT FEELING! It felt good to be in control over a piece of junk, and turning something over to God, rather than torturing my body with that.

Other thoughts that helped me: "God helps those who do their best to help Him."

Eating a fresh grapefruit before meal is known to lower cholesterol, fresh grapefruit is more effective than drinking the juice. From Livestrong.com:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/213562-how-to-drink-grapefruit-juice-to-lose-weight/

" People who drank 7 ounces of grapefruit juice before each meal for 12 weeks lost about 3.3 pounds in a study published in the "Journal of Medicinal Food" in 2006, compared to a loss of just 0.6 pound in the control group. Another study, published in "Nutrition & Metabolism" in February 2011, found that drinking 4.5 ounces of grapefruit juice before each meal combined with following a reduced-calorie diet led to a 7.1 percent weight loss over 12 weeks. People who drank the same amount of water, however, experienced about the same amount of weight loss as those who drank the grapefruit juice. The grapefruit juice group did lead to more beneficial effects on participants' cholesterol levels than the group that drank water. According to the study's authors, consuming a low-energy-density preload is what is important for weight loss -- not necessarily the type of preload."

What are your tips & recipes & thoughts that help you toward a healthy life, and healthy roses? Thanks.

Comments (63)