SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Flower girl dresses

Dd has been asked to be the flower girl in a family wedding. The bride is our niece on dh's side. She told dh she would like for us to pick something dd would be comfortable wearing. She will send me the wedding color scheme.

I'd like to find three or four options to suggest to the bride so I started looking on Etsy for some options while I wait to hear colors (and hopefully get a better grasp of how formal the wedding will be and the style of the bridesmaid dresses). I haven't been to a wedding in a very long time and the only one with a flower girl I can remember is mine--nineteen years ago! And my flower girl was the daughter of my mother's flower girl and she wore the same dress--from the 1960s. So I'm really out of the loop on what's typical for flower girls to wear now. I was hoping you all might have some examples to draw on so that most of my suggestions would be calibrated to currently acceptable choices.

I am seeing a lot of white or cream dresses, some with a colored sash. That's what my flower girl wore. Is that still a common choice? And I am seeing a lot of tea length or knee length choices. Dd will be six at the wedding. I think she could walk in a longer dress if that would match the bridesmaids better, but perhaps the shorter dress would be easier. Is it common for the flower girl dresses to be less than full-length regardless of the bridesmaid dresses?

The wedding will be at the end of spring. I will ask what shoes they want, but I'm guessing white or cream patent leather Mary Janes? Or if the wedding is casual, white sandals?

Thanks for any feedback on current flower girl attire!

Comments (22)