SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewellsweetpea

Help with Coretec / Luxury Vinyl Flooring

jewellsweetpea
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hopefully some of you can help me with advice on Coretec. We just moved into a 60 yr old home in an upscale, suburban neighborhood and looking to replace 20+ yr old stained carpeting in living/dining room and dated hardwood floors in kitchen. We have two small toddlers and a pug and our local flooring stores are pushing Coretec/ LVP like crazy. Salesperson was telling me it is flying off the shelves and that homeowners are installing in 1+ million dollar homes. Had almost decided on engineered hardwood and then found this forum and now rethinking our decision. Seems like all hardwoods will scratch/dent - do we just live with that after plunking down thousands of $$ or go for LVP that might ultimately look better in the long run? I borrowed some samples from the stores and it is absolutely amazing how "good" the LVP looks. We might be in this house 5-10 years (not sure?) so hate to put in something really expensive. Seems like Coretec has a good reputation on this forum - any homeowners who have had it installed awhile ago have any updates to product? Any advice (good or bad) you can pass on would be very helpful. TIA!

Comments (5)