SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chanmat

Neighbor constantly diverting drainage. Need help!!!!

Cheryl Mat
8 years ago

I only realized last year that my neighbor has been diverting his drainage onto my property. I asked him to move a log and he did begrudgingly. I caught him shoveling a pathway through the snow and into my yard. Now I found a 4" pipe on my property under the grass coming from his drain! All the borough did was make him cap it off. My hillside is eroding and my yard is mush on that side. This man did this when the previous owners lived here without their knowledge or permission. I can't afford an attorney and he actually shoved smashed leaves into his drain so that his property gets NO runoff and my property is taking all of the water from our side by side driveways. He even has this pipe so close to the driveway and to the surface, it all comes to my side. He refuses to do anything and he even told the inspector he's not touching it. I called the cops and filed a property damage report on him. My insurance denied and I appealed and am waiting for an answer. I have bent over backwards for these people for ten years only to find out this has been going on for possibly 15 years. I am waiting to hear from Title Insurance. He also lied to me about the property line as there was no marker when I moved in. He stole 3" and I wouldn't have cared, but this is the straw that broke the camels' back! The purple line is my true property line. He doesn't want anyone to touch his precious property and is anal retentive, but he steals my property and continues with illegal diversions.

Comments (7)