SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nichole32285

upstairs neighbor constantly fighting!!!

nichole32285
18 years ago

hi everyone, i live in a huge apartment complex. have lived there for about 5 months in the past few months have had problems with my upstairs neighbors.i dont think they are married and they cant be more than 19 years old. they have violent fights on a regular basis where i can hear her sreaming and crying and they throw stuff around and stomp constantly. i have called the police two times when the fights were really bad and i feared for her safety but they never do anyhting or even remove anyone from the apartment. i informed my lease office and they said that they couldnt do anything except send a letter and for me to keep caliing the police. since then i have not called because they know its me and they already dont like me or my husband (the woman, or girl calls me names under her breath every time she walks by)but i have tried to ignore it, because i dont want any problems but yesterday as i was coming out of the laundrymat she came up to me screaming calling me nasty names and asking me why i called the police on her so much and why dont i confront her if i have a problem. i kept my head and didnt really yelled back. this time i didnt call the police i called the courtsey officer and he came by of course her and her friends had left just before he got there. i tried to call the lady in the lease office and she has not called me back. so of course i spent all of yesterday listening to them stomp and yell and bang on things as loud as they can. i do not know what to do in this situation but i feel threatened by her and dont feel comfortable in my home. what can i do or what rights do i have?

Comments (6)

Sponsored