SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txred0810

St Augustine problems

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I just moved into a new house and I am a complete beginner when it comes to lawn care. The front yard is about 4000 sq ft and has irrigation. The back yard is about 10,000 square ft with no irrigation. I am currently watering the front yard about 3 times per week for 60 minutes. I have just recently set up a makeshift watering system in the back yard and have watered it about 60 minutes per week but can only manage to do this from about 7:30 to 8:30PM since I do not have timers yet. I also put down Gardenville 7-2 2 about a week ago (40pounds for half of back yard and 40 pounds for front). The grass is cut to about 2.5 inches. If my pictures upload below, you should be able to see the problems. My septic system drain fields have zero grass and the back yard is turning completely brown except under the areas of shade. The front yard is hanging on due to more shade, but has some brown areas where I think the sprinkler system isn't saturating as well. I have a ton of questions, but the first would be, why is my back yard grass dying and what is going on with the septic system drain fields? I am located just north of San Antonio in Seguin TX.

Comments (7)