SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleyrogers123

Lights messing up

ashleyrogers123
8 years ago

About 3 months ago my boyfriend tried to open the trunk door to our 2001 Ford explorer (which we hadn't been able to open), and he couldn't get it to open. After he was messing with it, our "door adjar" light came on and hasn't went off since. The lights stay on for about 30 minutes, and go off after you turn off the truck. It hadn't been giving us any problems so we didn't try to fix the back door. Our headlights are manual and you have to turn on the switch for them to come on, but here recently they come on as soon as you turn on the truck and then randomly turn off while you're going down the road, and you have to turn the switch on. I forget that I didn't actually turn them on and when they randomly go off I'm like "crap!" And turn the switch on. When I left work tonight the truck sounded like it didn't want to crank, but it did. So I went home and turned it off and back on. The second time it didn't crank. I tried it a few times and it wouldn't crank! Then after a couple more times it finally cranked back up. We had the alternator and battery replaced a year ago. I don't know if the door being adjar is messing up the lights and battery or what. When the alternator went out a year ago the battery light was on. It isn't on now, the only light that is on is the door adjar light. I don't even know if all of those problems are connected, all I know is our truck is messing up and I have no idea what is wrong with it! Please help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored