SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lina_mendezposterino

Dying Lemon/Lime and Olive Tree and Pittosporum General Questions

Hi. I'm a novice gardener, just trying to landscape my first home in Melbourne's Nth Suburbs (clay soil). Probably committed a few schoolboy errors here but it's the only way to learn. I bought a couple of olive trees that I dug out of another person's front yard then transplanted in pots (using sandy commercial soil and some commercial compost) until I decided whether to plant them in the ground. One is looking pretty sad and it can't be for lack of water. The other has a few brown leaves but looks like it will make it. What should/can I do to revive it/them? Secondly, bought a lemon and lime tree and they were going fairly well, watered regularly, planted in the ground with a sandy commercial soil. Then they lost all their leaves, suspiciously after I added an Aldi citrus fertiliser to them; the lemon looks dead and the lime looks pretty critical. What can I do? Finally, I have put in pittosporum for privacy/hedging. Should I have planted these closer together for the sake of a thicker hedge? Is there any chance of transplanting them closer together and adding more or will that shock them too much? How should I prune them to encourage better growth? I have looked on youtube but can't find any good advice on pruning pittosporum. I want it thick and about 8 feet high.

Lime with lemon in background

Comments (2)

Sponsored