SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Best oil base paint - is there such a thing?

8 years ago

Where would I even start looking for a good oil based paint? Is it even made anymore? I have some old antique kitchen cupboards Im making beautiful again. Ill leave the the original gray enamel as it is on the outside surfaces(nicely worn in places) but inside the cabinets the original bare wood was painted with the most horrible shade of red paint which Ive removed (it wasnt original) d but the ugly red has stained deep into the wood. So Im thinking just paint it (the interior of the cabinets) the same or somea other harmonious color.
Anyway.... what would y'all suggest for brand/type of paint? And, yes it has to be oil.
One thought I had - and Im not sure its possible - I wish I could just use rustoleum oil base satin enamel and have it tinted the color I want. But what paint store would do such a thing, tint paint the customer brought in??? Hardly seems like anything that would be possible. Which is too bad.. Ive used this stuff for wood sashes and trim in my house... even though its marketed for metal.... looks great, and its just held up amazingly well, far better than any of the Sherwin Williams junk Ive used.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH