SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

oldbat2b - I made my sample board - can you photo shop this please?

autumn.4
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Finally I have made a sample board. :-)

I actually took these pics with my real camera but the lighting isn't great. Do you need it to be more of a close up with the tile? The grout job isn't stellar either as the tiles were kind of squishy with the adhesive I used so I didn't want to push too hard while cleaning the joints. If you need me to wait for better lighting I can do that tomorrow during the day.

They are both 'alabaster' different brands though. I really am partial to the lighter one at this point. The issue is the lighter alabaster is Custom Building Products brand and I haven't seen a lot of positive comments on it. It was a premixed grout I picked up at the local hardware store. It did not clean as nicely as the Mapei Alabaster either and that has me a little concerned. I don't want to deal with fighting haze. I could try Mapei Biscuit which is a little lighter than alabaster and hope it dries lighter yet like most say they do? Ugh. Interesting that the Custom Alabaster was premixed and dried lighter and I feel like the Mapei Alabaster which I mixed dried maybe a smidge darker than the sample stick.

Next question - would you take it to the window trim? I found this and it intrigued me. I don't want to take it to the ceiling - I know that. I just don't like my eye going there vs the windows, etc.. Otherwise I think I have to stop at the bottom of the range hood. Thoughts anyone?

Example possibility of where to stop the tile?

11th St · More Info

Or something like this?

Verona Ranges across the country · More Info

Finally - my sample board. Finished product will be 1/8" joints, I found it hard to do with the double stick tape for some reason (or maybe I was just super anxious, lol). I had to start baking while waiting for it to dry as it makes me feel better. ;)

My kitchen:

Thank you for your help and for any opinions.

Comments (65)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals