SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heathero_gold

Kitchen finishes - mixing metals

heathero_gold
8 years ago

I'm struggling with metals. I love antique and dark brass and am hoping to incorporate it into my open floor plan kitchen/dining/living room. We are in a lakeside traditional center chimney half cape. Floors are oak. Windows and trim are BM White Dove. Door and window hardware is ORB. Kitchen cabinets will be flush inset cherry and countertops will be Pentalquartz statuario pictured below. Appliances are stainless. I already have some aged and antique brass Hudson Valley and Northeast Lantern light fixtures I hoped to reuse in other parts of the house. I'd love to incorporate the dark brass six light chandelier pictured below over the DR table adjoining the kitchen. I need help with island pendant, cabinet hardware and faucet finishes. I want them to look coordinated, not necessarily matchy-matchy. I've included a few of the lighting and hardware styles we are considering. I've hard a hard time sourcing reasonably priced dark brass drawer pulls in 8" lengths, but plenty of options in ORB or polished nickel. If you have any suggestions about how to do this successfully, please share!

Comments (10)