SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilhaus

Replace Shower Pan w/ Tub; Drop it in and leave tiled walls as is?

lilhaus
8 years ago

I have Goggled this and can only find everyone going the OTHER way; from bath to shower! But I miss being able to SOAK! I have an old, crummy shower pan. It's the size of a bathtub. The 3 walls of the shower are nice white subway tiles. There are a few cracked tiles down at the very bottom, outer edge (right were you'd kick em). Can I rip out the shower pan, break into the concrete slab, move the center drain to the right, and then stick a tub right in that space? Do I have to rip out ALL that lovely tile?? I mean, they are great; only a few cracked at the bottom, which would be covered by the new tub anyways. If I CAN, how do I seal the tub and tile wall edge?

If I CAN'T...maybe I'd get the pan refinished and figure out what to do about those cracked tiles. They don't make them any more. Funky size. Could I use mosaic pieces all along that bottom row? May look wonky...usually accent tiles are up at eye level, not along the bottom. Hmmm....

I do NOT have the time, money, knowledge to tear out the entire shower and tiled walls and redo it all from scratch! Anyone??

Comment (1)