SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
warmbadverwe

Need help with Water Storage tank

warmbadverwe
8 years ago

I am doing my research on a water tank system. I want to add a 5000lt water tank to my home water system, so if there are a water crises (Witch we have 24/7) i want to use the spare water in the tank for the house. My questions are:

1) If the main water supply to the house is divided into a T, one end going into the water tank and the other one going to the house water system, how do I control which water system I want to use?

2) I don't want to use a pressure pump on the storage tank that runs 24/7. I want to run the main water supply trough the tank into my main system but do not want to run the pressure pump the whole time. So if the water is off, I still want to use the water in the tank.

3) The problem with a pressure pump on the tank is: When the power is down there will be no water and electricity. That is why I need to include the tank in my system so that I can use water from the tank if the main water supply is off.

I hope it is clear to what I trying to explain. The short and long is that I want to run my main water supply into the water tank - into my house water system, but only want to use the pressure pump when the pain power system is off.

Comments (8)