SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noeoncookies77

Is there hope left for my cactus?

noeoncookies77
8 years ago

I bought a chamaelobivia rose quartz from Home Depot about three months ago. Although my cactus wasn't in great condition - I took a little vacation and I was very upset when I had gotten home and it looked very dis colored at the tops of it. It was green at the bottom of it and the tips of it were turning white. I figured it needed water since I had never watered it since I bought it; I remembered a trick I had used on all my previous succulents (taking a bowl filling it with water and taking the pot and setting the pot in the bowl.) so that it would only suck up the water it needed to grow: after doing so nothing changed, it continued to stay dis colored and it started to look very sad as you can see in the picture. I had trouble finding anything on this problem. I let it dry out for a couple days but it was starting to lean so (I know everyone's going to cringe) I took the sad pieces off and it stopped leaning, they were bound to fall off and it was making the middle cactus lean, I figured they will grow back anyways. The middle cactus top was soft and was ripped off by my lovely niece. Did I overwater it? Is it rotting? Should I leave it alone? In my research people were saying you can cut the cactus let it dry out and regrow it is that my only option and would it really grow back? Can someone please help me save my cactus if there is any way. Much appreciated.

Comments (3)