SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Which fabric looks better; or do I need to repaint:(

enduring
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This is for my husbands office window treatment. I have a run of IKEA 15 inch base cabinets that is topped with soapstone. I painted before I had the stone in place and the stone doesn't look good with the paint in my opinion.

The paint is Sherwin-Williams Copen blue. It has a little bit of a robins egg color. The counter is really more of a soft gray blue with no green.

I found a fabric that looks like it ties the two colors together. It's rather expensive. It's the example in the bag format. It is a fabric by Thibaut. The other fabric is not quite as expensive but doesn't quite pull in the blue counter into the scheme of things.

There are features of both fabrics that I like. The Tebo has the colors that I like. The Duralee fabric has the muted color that I like for this room. But in my opinion the Duralee blue doesn't tie the blue of the counter into the walls as well.

third option do I just repaint the walls and I really don't want to do that. If I do that I would need to hold off on any fabric I chose.

#1 Thibaut:

Comments (29)