SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Cost to brick a small back patio?

IdaClaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I know this will vary by region, but I'm wondering if perhaps anyone can tell me if the price we have tentatively agreed to pay to have the floor of our small-ish back patio bricked is within reason. I don't really have a good photo, but you can kinda see it through the shutters in this pic:

The patio is enclosed on three sides by the house's brick walls, and just estimating I'd say it's roughly 8' x 12'. It's currently just ugly ol' poured concrete, but we want to have it covered in the brick that matches our house, and perhaps extend it all the way out to meet the edge of the house. (Our yard is tiny - zero lot line.)

We have some leftover brick from when the house was built, but the bricklayer (who is currently working on other new homes in our neighborhood) will provide the additional brick needed to complete the job, sand, mortar, and labor for $850. I don't really want to have a parade of folks come over to give us quotes, so would like to find out if this cost seems reasonable to most of you. (On the other hand, I don't want to get taken to the cleaners.)

I'm hoping once it's bricked it will have more of an inviting "courtyard" feel.

Comments (50)