SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amynoacids

Jade guidance

*having issues loading photos. .. will try in comments

My dad's big jade dropped a few branches earlier in the summer (probably squirrels launching themselves over/through the jade after deciding to nest above it.). They rooted in the ground and he let me take them. You can never have to many jades, right? They are pretty scraggly. .. wondering if I should try to keep them like this through the winter, and then cut back, or if I should cut back now. They don't look unhealthy (one is pretty thirsty), but they are very top-heavy and they all want to top. The biggest one is leaning on a bamboo stake, which seems to be supporting it. That one is one long stem that is u shaped and totally horizontal, with 4 branches coming up fairly straight. It did have 5 branches, but I broke one accidentally before I realized they were all connected. All of the roots for this plant are on the underside of the horizontal stem. The other 2 are in deep pots planted at angles that they will stay up in. I threw them all in some gritty mix while I decide what to do with them.

Comments (7)