SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
supertinyviolet

Little Worms Taking Over my Garden Window!

supertinyviolet
8 years ago

Hi everyone! I've recently run into a little dilemma... There are little worms taking over my garden window!!! Yikes! I think they're from my aloe plant.

For awhile now, I had noticed that the soil looked very different from any of my other plants - it was very "refined", like something had been digging through it. I'd find it's soil all over my garden window, but I didn't think anything of it - I thought that maybe some suckers were growing and pushing up the dirt along the way.

My garden window recently flooded, forcing me to move my african violets out of the window (they were right beneath the area that flooded, my other plants didn't have anything to worry about). When I moved them, I found a hole in my Jasmine Vine's leaf, and a dead microscopic worm not too far away from my aloe plant.

Now, I wake up every morning to a few worms here and there in my window! All of them dead, but I have no idea where they came from (I've had this aloe for YEARS, so why now?), if they're harmful to my plants, what they are, or worse, how to get rid of them! I don't see them AT ALL during the day - only after I wake up in the morning do I see them.

Here's a picture of one I found today.

Comments (8)