SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

Birthday Week (week #8)

Carrie B
8 years ago

Thursday, I will be fifty.

Electrician is here mostly finishing up.

Under cabinet lights are in, and DW is on. Will have to test that out soon.

The phone stuff (official term) didn't arrive, so electrician will have to make an additional trip to hook up the kitchen landline. I chose this location for the phone because old landline was just a few feet away, so electrician could easily run the wire over and it's very close to the back door, so if I'm out in the garden, it's a shorter distance to run for the phone.

The toaster oven & coffee maker will be left on the counter - they're on the breakfast/drink/snack counter, and there's still room to make a bowl of cereal and/or get a beverage into a glass. I'll put the coffee maker on the sliding caddy I saw recommended on here so I can easily pull it out from below the upper every morning. Not only is this a good, practical counter for these appliances, but it's also not visible from the living room, so doesn't add to the visual clutter from the rest of the house.

Back door sconces are in. They'll be removed again for exterior stucco finishing, and then put back in. They're tipped slightly forward for the time being, but the stucco will level them out.

And the floodlight over the sink window:

My neighbors on the other side of the garden, directly across from my sink window have a bare bulb outside their back door that they
leave on 24/7. It kind of drives me nuts and they're not people I feel comfortable having a conversation with about it. I've built up laticework to obscure the bulb itself, but the light still shines brightly. My floods might help to drown out their light, though they don't spend time outdoors, so, for better or for worse, I don't think my flood will bother them.

My chandelier is up, though we've kept the bubble wrap on each light to protect it while work is being done. I took the wrap off one for the purpose of this photo. (looking toward the front door)

I think that GC's son is coming tomorrow to paint. Then, builder is coming mid-week sometime to do exterior stucco repair around window/door and to build my new steps. I emailed table top maker last week, and he said he could deliver table Monday or Tuesday. If I don't hear from him by mid-day tomorrow, I'll reach out to him.

I think that shower, backsplash, and other finishing work will largely happen next week.

Comments (119)