SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lathyrus

How much space to plan for stand mixer?

lathyrus
8 years ago

For those of you with these toys, of any size or any make, if I were to plan a countertop home for one, how much vertical clearance and side to side clearance do I need to use one comfortably and minimize splashing?

There are three potential spaces one could go in our kitchen if I went ahead a got one in the next year or so... but as I'm finishing building open shelving, now's the time to make sure I don't place things too awkwardly.

Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions and measurements!

Would your mixer fit in any of these spaces:

1) On display where the cake stand is now. Shelf at 19.5" above counter, but there's that shelf corbel. Deepish counter at 28.5." There's 9" between pastry slab and what will be fridge cabinet side.

2) Pantry; shelf is at what will be 19" above finished counter; deep counter also at 28.5" If I got a light enough mixer model to move around the kitchen, it could go here.

2) Near stove, no upper shelves until 30" over counter, just hanging storage. 24" counter run, standard depth counter. Figure only a very small model would work here?

(And I do hope I'm encouraging others to post in-progress pictures even if last night's baked beans and cake crumbs are in evidence... No apologies here.)

Thanks again!

Comments (19)