SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vithdude

Distributors: Why dont you sell easy to replace parts to homeowners?

Vith
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I tried to buy an electric igniter from a goodman distributor and the goof behind the desk would not sell it to me because "I could blow my house up". C'mon man. If I know how to take the part out and bring it to you then I know how to put it back in. ITS AN IGNITER.... one screw and plug it back in where you unplugged. I would rather just buy the part locally than order it online.

I would love to see his butt go to an auto parts store and they wont sell him parts because "He could get in a wreck".

He also claimed if he sold it to me and I blew up my house they didnt want to be liable. Why would they be liable if I was the one that blew up the house? Why would an auto store be liable if someone installs a part and gets in a wreck due to installation. Totally a ploy to make me go through a service tech for a stupid igniter. I totally get it if your need a regulator or need to fine tune the flame but cmon its an igniter. What if I was asking for a blower motor? I wonder what he would come up with. I might install it wrong and the squirrel cage fly through the wall! :D

I went to a different store and they were willing to sell me parts but they didnt have the OEM part that I wanted. Frustrating. Anyhow, I got it fixed now just wanted to vent. I did install an OEM part, just took me longer.

Comments (20)