SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sclubb

Will the darker gray shade on a strip show less blue?

sclubb
8 years ago

I posted some questions on the design dilemma forum last week before realizing there was a whole paint forum here. Basically, I'm wondering if the darker grays reveal less blue/purples?

We had main floor painted SW hammered zinc...and it's quite bluish/purple in some lighting. Lowes mixed it and it turns out, the gallons I bought were slightly different than the sample can I used and based my decision on. So...I'm thinking I may be able to wind up with more paint at their expense (hiring painter for my vaulted ceilings, though, is on me).

My dining room is aviatrix ....on the same strip and I like it. I thought I wanted lighter...but maybe it was a bad choice. The shade in between the two is SW dovetail which seems to be a popular choice...and I probably should have picked. I didnt think it would have enough variance from DR...but now...it's been a few days and hammered zinc still not sitting great but I can live w it if I must! :)

is dovetail just going to be a darker blue/purple...and does it make better sense to just stick w what I have? Or do darker colors tend to not have as much colors reflected?

Any advice, thoughts, input welcome!! I want to put this paint behind me and move on!! :)

Comments (12)