SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leandrin

Walk-in pantry design

Jo
8 years ago

Hello! After moving in our new house almost one year ago, I finally got to the point where I'm fed up by not having shelves in my pantry and annoyed with the fact that after buying all the small appliances I wanted (food processor, mixer, etc), my counter has become somewhat crowded.

So I though it would be a good idea to make a smaller counter (as in less deep) in the pantry, and move some of the appliances in there (like the juicer, blender and the FoodSaver).

The size is 1.74 x 1.15 (68.5 x 45.27 inches). In the upper right (white in the image) I have a vent that's 52 cm (20.47 inches) wide, 41 (16.14 in) deep and 34 (13.38 inches) tall, so I thought I'd make the shelves as deep as the vent, so that it won't stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm not very sure what to do with the corner space so I made the counter longer, even though I don't think I'll need that much counter space.

First shelf above counter is half size, I plan to use it as a spice rack and probably for some cooking books (I need it to be half size so that I'd still be able to fit the juicer on the counter without losing too much shelf space). Above that would be normal open shelves (albeit a bit deeper than the usual).

Underneath the counter I planned 2 closed drawers (it looks like there's just a singe huge one, but there will be two) and under those I'd like 6 baskets (3 on each side) or open drawers for vegetables (can't seem to find baskets around here, would a drawer be suck a bad idea?).

On the left I'd like to have some space for trays and flat pans that I don't use very often, a taller drawer and then adjustable shelves.

I would love some input and ideas for better organizing the space.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (12)