SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jta98z

Does anyone else get extremely paranoid after seeding?

jta98z
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

So I finished my first reno project about 2 days ago, and I'm almost a basket case worrying about this seed. Am I watering too much, am I watering too little, is the seed in contact with the soil well enough, is that bit of top dressing a little too thick or thin in that spot. Are the seeds laying on my bare spots really going to grow just laying on top of the dirt.

I walk out there multiple times a day and bend down and look at the seed and it still looks like seed lol. I was in the backyard last night with a flashlight bent down examining the seeds and saw a few that were laying on a small blade of grass rather than on the soil and almost freaked out. Almost got a rake out at 10pm to go over the whole yard.

We have to go out of town this weekend and the forecast is calling for about 2 inches of steady rain across the weekend. Its supposed to be gentle but still I'm worried about the 2 inches being too much for new seed. That's all I'll probably think about the whole weekend.

I have put SO much time and money into this, I think I'll go mental if nothing comes out of it.

Is this beginner anxiety?

Comments (14)