SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
transnationalq

Windows windows - time is running out.

transnationalq
8 years ago

I'm going in circles with this windows project.

I have the following quotes:

Triple pane Reliabilt 3900 - 16,642 - 27 units, double hung, installed

Triple pane Pella 350 - 15, 993 - 27 units, double hung, installed

Triple pane Intus - 16, 298 - 24 units, Tilt n Turn, not installed - appx install 150/window

Triple pane Scenic - 16,736 - 24 units, Tilt n Turn, not installed - appx install 150/window

Triple pane Glo windows - Windows and Door: $25,000 plus $8000 for shipping - appx install unknown.

I have no idea about the full price of Pella and Reliabilt as there is currently a promotion running at Lowes on the cost and installation of these.

The Intus seems to have the best numbers but there is 12-14 week delivery time, and then if there was something wrong with the window, it'd be hard to get support from Europe.

Scenic is a close follow up to Intus with 2-3 week on white windows, local manufacture and local support. Of course glass quality would not be the same as European windows.

I am going to try to get quotes for Okna windows but have a feeling they will be over the 20-25K range.

I would like to go with Pella or Reliabilt because they suit our budget but I don't hear good things about them. Someone who has been Pella windows for a long while today told me that the 350 was their cheapest window - quality wise and perhaps price wise too. Whats with that?

I should add that we foresee staying in this particular house about 5 years at least but uncertain beyond that. We want comfort, efficiency at an economical price.

Talk to me window gurus! Tell me where I should rest my heart.

Comments (45)