SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dontknowmuch

Need overall help with every decision!!!

I've just begun my kitchen/bedrooms renovation and need so much advice. I found this site a few weeks back and have gotten so many great ideas and am drooling over all your before/after pics. In a nutshell... Bought the house 14 years ago and swore the first thing we would do was the very small kitchen... Fast forward 14 years and we are just now getting to it. We decided for aesthetics that we would move the kitchen to where my sons bedroom is and take a wall down to open it up to the dining room. We picked out Fabuwood cabinets (have mixed reviews) but I have a very tight budget for Long Island standards. That's it. That's where I'm stuck! So... I'm in love with a copper sink but have a son with health issues and am afraid of things I've read about lead and so on. I'm not going to beat a dead horse with that but would love to know other peoples suggestions for an alternative.. I'm not digging the fire clay and don't want stainless. Any other options beside granite? Maybe something with that copper feel without being copper?

lso, quartz or granite? We have 70 sq feet. Got a quote of 2,500 for granite and 5,000 for quartz which I think are both reasonable. What's your opinion on color to match a cream cabinet? I'm also in love with the waterstone traditional pull down faucet (totally not happening) anyone find a faucet they like that looks similar? We are already above budget and only day 2 into project :-( I've also lost my linen closet and small closet in the bathroom due to size! It's going to be a very long month with my entire family sleeping in one bedroom!

Comments (22)