SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joseantonio_romero

Need advice for living room w open plan kitchen change

Hi all! This is my first message on this forum.

I have recently bought a new apartment in south of Spain (Marbella), and it came with all equipped with kitchen and some basic furniture. I would like to create a nicer space but at this point I'm a bit lost of how to start...

As you can see in the floor plan and pictures below, the living room has 9,5m x 3,5m, so it's quite narrow and long. Light only comes from a window at the very end and a door from the terrace. That means that the kitchen shouldn't be closed if I want to have some natural light.

The problem at the moment is that when you get into the living room it looks quite empty.

Besides the pictures, it has not much light, I guess the color of the walls (yellowish) don't help.

I wouldn't want to change the floor (as it's new), but I agree that if I want to create a more modern kitchen, the options with this floor are more limited. What I could do is change the tiles in the kitchen, I don't like them either.

What about having a bar table in the kitchen so I can make a "U" shape and some stools?

What colours do you believe I can use for the kitchen cabinets and countertop?

Which furniture should I use in the living room? I want to add for sure a sofa bed with chaiselong so I can have 2 more guests at home, and probably 2 small armchairs.

If you know an agency that could help me with this project online and at good price that would be also great.

Thanks!

Comment (1)