SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joaniepoanie

Need advice re visit from friend

joaniepoanie
8 years ago

I've been mulling this over for a few days and haven't come to any conclusions so thought some input might help.

My oldest friend called to tell me she is coming to visit the 3rd week in October, which is great....can't wait to see her. She also has said we should take a road trip and has mentioned some places which would be about 1200-1500 miles round trip. I'm just not sure I'm up for all that driving. Also, I am not fully recovered from knee surgery and sometimes have hip pain, so can't do prolonged walking, shopping, etc. at this point and I feel like I'd be holding her back and making the trip a drag for her.

Furthermore, DH and I will take probably a shorter road trip the first week of October, but he knows how much I can do and I wont feel guilty taking breaks. And he could care less about shopping!

I don't want to disappoint her, but I don't want to be a party pooper either. The place she really wants to go is where DH and I went on our honeymoon and haven't been back to so I'd really like to visit again with DH first for sentimental reasons, but I'd feel silly telling her that.

I'm not coming up with any alternatives not as far she hasn't been to.

What to do? Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (16)