SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
winonelson

why can't I find the "right" ming green marble?

winonelson
8 years ago

Doing a complete house renovation and am totally stumped on master bath tile. I've always wanted a master bath in a green that evokes - well, I don't know, water/peacefulness, whatever. But I want a really light green and all of the ceramic/porcelain tiles I'd found either had too much yellow in them or too much gray or were too dark. So I tried shopping for "white tile with green undertones" and low and behold discovered ming green marble. I really like it and it would be perfect - but for the fact that my house is a bungalow, I want to honor that and so I want a small hex tile for the floor, I don't want polished marble floors, etc. And for some reason I cannot find a small hex in ming green honed (or tumbled if I have to although I think honed makes more sense for a 90 year old bungalow) carried by a provider that also has honed 3x6 subway tiles. I've been told it makes the most sense to get all the tiles from one source in order to ensure the most color consistency (although these tiles have so much variation within them not sure why that matters). But bottom line it seems impossible to find a source that can sell me 3x6, a small (smaller than 2" if possible) hex, and some finishing pieces (chair rails?) in honed ming green. Anyone have any ideas? Bonus if it is a DC area provider.

Comment (1)