SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline_kientzler

I have several succulents with varying concerns...

Jacqueline Kientzler
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Plant 1 (Haworthia?) -

When I bought it:

Now:

My main concern on plant 1 is the color. All of my cacti/succulents are sitting about 10-18 inches from a single pane west facing window. As far as soil goes for plant 1, its the original soil so I can't speak to the contents. All I know is that my room is always very humid so the soil takes a while to dry out.

Plant 2 (Mammillaria elongata?) -

Plant 2 has grown considerably since I purchased it, likely an inch to an inch and a half. However, as it grew it began to fall over a bit, hence the suspension. My concern with this one is two fold, 1) the leaning 2) the discoloration at the base. This is one of 3 in a community pot so it's very difficult to get the watering right. Like with plant 1, plant 2's soil takes a very long time to dry out due to the humidity. It is planted in the cactus soil commonly available at Home Depot. I've watered this pot a bit more than the other, but overall I'd say maybe once a week. I'm terrified of root rot.

Plant 3 (?????) -

This one has caused me the most stress.Again, plant 3 has grown almost an inch since I purchased it, and I've seen the leaning issue. However most concerning to me is the base of it. Is that dehydration? Improper nutrients? God forbid....root rot?? When prodded the base seems to be slightly softer than the rest of plant 3 but still very firm. Not squishy by any means...perhaps most similar to gum that's been left out but isn't quite hardened. Again, plant 3 is in the community pot with commercial cactus soil that I've been watering near once a week.

Finally, the least of my concerns, Plant 4 (???) -

Plant 4 has basically just been relaxing in the community pot since I transplanted her. My only concern is the space. I know some succulents are more ground cover plants than standalone, and the longer plant 4 is in the pot, the bigger she spreads out. Could she be contributing to any issues with the other 2?

Thank you guys so much in advance, I'm really stressing about my babies, I love them.

Comments (12)