SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto

Too many colors under one roof?

melle_sacto
8 years ago

How would you approach finding unity with gold, blue, and green wall paint (separate rooms painted with either caramel-gold, light or medium sky blue, apple green and sage green)? Over the years, my approach to painting and decorating this house was haphazard and lacked a plan...I kept trying new ideas with the colors I like, which are blue, caramel, and green. It's now time to re-paint the main entry, living room, and hallway and I want to choose something that could somehow tie the rest of the rooms together.

One thing I've considered is accenting with wallpaper or stenciling that incorporates those colors, (DH doesn't want to do wallpaper). Another is to just go with the popular neutral "greige", probably in a dark medium tone, and try to tie in the other colors with fabric...I do need new curtains for the living room. I've also thought "neutral eggplanty grey" but is it nuts to introduce another color?

I feel like I've done this all backwards, but I like the other spaces they just all feel disconnected, and the effect is amplified because our house is small.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio