SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
care_kip

Introducing myself. 3 months into major renovation. Custom inset cabs

Carolyn
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi there, I'm Carolyn. We are 13 weeks into a huge renovation. We've had issues along the way, some expected, others not. There has not been a single thing that has gone perfectly smooth and without some sort of complication. It's been exhausting, but we are finally getting to the end and I can see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. I just wanted to say hi and post a few pics of what we have so far.

Found our carpenter as I was running through our neighborhood (he has a local shop, no website). He has been our best decision throughout this whole thing. With one $2200 mistake because we assumed he was using Blum glides, but he was actually using 3/4 open KV slides (so 1/4 of the drawer was unusuable). We fortunately caught it in time and had him re-make some of our drawers to fit Blum glides. It was definitely worth the extra cost.

Here are some pics from the progress. We converted an enclosed porch into our new kitchen. The floor had to be raised and leveled, which then made the old windows too low, so we had to replace all windows, but since we were doing that, we decided to fix everything and next week our whole house is getting new white hardiplank siding as well. I'm so excited!! There will eventually be a big deck off the back of the kitchen.

Floors will be brick herringbone from inglenook tile (12 week wait, they shipped today!). Fridge is an elmira white french door that had a 16 week wait. We got it about a year ago. Stove is an old 1950's Chambers. There is also an old vintage hutch and butcher block that fits snugly on the right side of the wall. Hasn't been moved into place yet, because we are waiting on the floors.

Here are some pics:

Banquette area (banquettes are from Ballard. Already ordered).

Sink area. Dishwasher has a custom front panel. Sink is farmhouse.

Pendants sloppily hung. Still not sure about them.
Barber Wilson faucet. 12 week wait. We are on week 6.
View looking towards banquette (that hutch will be trimmed on the sides and pushed back about a foot)
Same view pre-renovation. We opened the wall and we are putting a big rustic beam in that space. Has not been installed yet.
Trim and new french doors.
Painting!
Brass hardware from rejuvenation. I aged all the brass by hand.
Our awesome carpenter and his old school boom box. Can not recommend him enough. He's been incredible! Sink is not in the right spot in this pic. Just placed there for sizing.

Anyway, I've used this board for every single decision in this renovation and I wanted to say hello and thank you all for the wonderful advice and help, even if you didn't know that you were helping me!! :)

Comments (58)