SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nilanjan_p

Kitchen sink drains very slowing every now and then.

nilanjan_p
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi,

We have some problem with our kitchen sink drain coming to a crawling halt. Please see the attached video. This has been happening quite often. After giving a few strokes with the all mighty plunger, sink is moving again like this. Right after plunging the sink was making a thumping sound as air bubbles came up. But I was not able to recreate that thumping sound when I took the video.

Anyways, a few other details... we have a dishwasher connected to this plumbing system. All the other sinks/tubs in the house drain properly all the time. The kitchen was redone about an year ago when the deeper sink was installed and we had to remove the garbage disposal since the discharge was at same level as the p-trap.

I've tried using a snake with a drill, lots of boiling water, Pequa Heavy Duty Drain Openner from Home Depot and also cleared out the p-trap. What could the issue be with the chronic drain problem - ventilation or lack of disposal or something else?

Please see attached picture of plumbing set up. The copper cap on the dishwasher intake was there only during plunging. That's now removed and dishwasher line is connected back up again.

Many thanks!

Comments (6)