SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tlbean2004

Smelly cabinet is back! odor came back as soon as doors were closed

tlbean2004
8 years ago

Okay, I asked on here about what could cause a smell under my cabinet. I had a leak fixed do that was not it. The cabinet was a little damp and plumber told me to leave the doors open for a few days to let it dry out. I left it open for about 2 weeks and the smell went away. When i closed the cabinet, a few days later i opened it back up and BAM!, the smell was there. I am now thinking it is coming from the crawlspace since there are little square holes where the water piped enter the cabinet from the bottom. I am thinking about putting foam sealant around the pipes to fill in the little holes. Thats the only thing i can think of, Also when i moved in the house 6 years ago during September of that year, there was mold around the cabinet drawers and some of the drawers were even warped. The cabinets were closed and the house was very musty smelling and hot since all the windows were closed up and the house was sitting without AC. When i moved in the smell went away. It has to be humidity coming from the crawlspace.

Any opinions?

Comments (15)