SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

Interlude: The Fun Stuff (wall paint color)

Carrie B
8 years ago

Contractors are going to spackle & prime my walls later this week, they'll paint the ceiling & trim, touch up the yellow living room paint, and, if they have time, and I pick a color, they'll paint my kitchen walls.

Cabinets are to the ceiling, galley style, so there's not that much room for paint: the back wall, surrounding the door (to the right there will be upper & lower, and to the left a pantry cabinet.) In addition, the rectangular are above the sink window, and between the uppers flanking it (barely visible on the right) and the yellow/orange rectangle above the basement door on the left.

I have 3 runners up. Between the back door, and, especially the sink window (it's not a big window, but it faces west, so will get afternoon sun - and there's no tree blocking the sun) there will be a good amount of natural light. Sink window isn't in yet, so a disadvantage to choosing a color now is that I can't know for sure what the daylight will be like in that room. While I don't usually go dark, there's not that much area that will be covered with paint, the cabinets are white, and I want a color with a strong presence. I've ordered 8.5 x 11 paint chips, which should be in later this week.

Comments (98)