SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

Are you stuffed to the gills with stuffed animals?

MtnRdRedux
8 years ago

Near as I can tell, most young girls own several times their body weight in stuffed animals. I know ours do.

As the girls are getting older, they are willing to part with (most of ) them. The majority of their stuffed animals are essentially new or like new.

It can be hard to find a good place to donate them. Many places only take new ones. Though I think most of ours could have "passed". I wouldn't want to misrepresent them. I called around a few places and could not find them a home.

Finally I found this great charity called Backpack Beginnings which helps kids going into shelters or foster care or the like. Their site says "Our mission is to provide children in need with nutritious food, comfort items, or basic necessities through the use of backpacks ". One of the in-kind donations they are looking for is stuffed animals (like new and washed of course).

I just sent a box off of 75 animals (no airholes ... sorry guys). It cost about 20 bucks from CT to NC; but to me it was worth it. I donated money too. I always try to do that because places that take in-kind donations are really helping me, too, and goodness knows they can always use cash.

Anyway, thought I'd share if you'd also like to whittle down your menagerie!

Backpack Beginnings charity

Comments (17)