SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neiljcard

Wish Me Luck on Salvage Attempt!

Neil
8 years ago

I was given these ..I can't even call them cuttings, pieces maybe of plants that have been improperly cared for from a very nice lady around the corner from me. Her English was at a minimal conversation level so what I gathered is she waters all her plants every other day including the succulents.

Her plants including non-succulent ones were dead or dying.

She also waters the giant euphorbia tree outside on the front of her property the same way. I knew the previous owner and he would have a coronary if he
knew. I'm afraid the euphorbia will just topple over on her house from rot.

I tried my best to tell her...even counting on my fingers for her..on how many days to wait between waterings but I don't think she understood me at all.

She seemed very distraught over the whole loss.

Here's what I think I can salvage from her garden:

This was the only healthy piece. The rest was mush. Senecio Jacobsenii or Kleinia <?>
Graptopetalum superbum...I don't know about this one. Half of this is already mushed and

it looks to have some parasite attacking it.

I'm not sure what this is. I thought maybe a darley sunshine but then i have some of those and the leaves on mine are pointier. Also this has a heavy farinous coating.

I had planned on giving these back to the lady if i was successful but now, i'm not so sure that would be a good thing for the plants sake.

I welcome any and all suggestions. : )

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County