SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
batmam

Need help deciding on colors for cabinets/countertops

batmam
8 years ago

We will (hopefully) soon be updating our kitchen. We're keeping the same footprint as it works well and will save money. The tile floor is only a few years old and we'll be keeping it as well. The floor tile is light with light beige and pinkish tones to it...kind of Mediterranean? I LOVE the craftsman look (darker wood) and feel for the cabinets, but have several questions related to this...

• Does craftsman style work with the tile we currently have?
  • Would it be best to keep the countertop and backsplash lighter (to work with the floor tiles)?
  • Would a Mediterranean artsy backsplash behind the range work or would a country style theme be better?

I realize this is a lot of questions and I've never posted, so excuse my lack of knowledge about these things! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! BTW, our home is a ranch style (kind of) in California, with stucco exterior. Our front door was recently replaced and it is Craftsman style with a rich oak stain. When you go in the front door, you immediately see the kitchen to the left, so I'm hoping the stain of the cabinets would fit with the front door.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!