SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

TGIF!!!! What's up for your weekend?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so glad it's Friday and this week is done!!! We're enjoying cool breezy weather which is perfect for working in the yard. We need to put a second coat of paint on the shed and that's the plan. So...nothing special for us, but it will feel good to have it done.

What about you? Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Comments (38)

• LynnNM
    8 years ago

Tonight will be our usual Friday Nite with DH bringing home a pizza and we'll watch 2 Netflix movies. As usual, we'll have breakfast out on our front portal Saturday and Sunday, which always starts our weekend mornings off so nicely. Maybe dinner out Saturday evening. Sunday evening we're going to our best friends' for a cookout and to meet their latest grandbaby (who is like our grandnephew). He's two weeks old.

• jakabedy
    8 years ago

My second weekend with DH out of town -- I'm trying to remember what I did when I was single! Last weekend was the builder's home tour, and my french horn ensemble rehearsal. But this weekend is up for grabs. I'll catch up on whatever's on the Tivo, clean the house, brush the dogs, spray the weeds, do laundry, and probably eat out at places DH doesn't like.

I may see about finally picking out fabric and dropping off for reupholstery a little FLW Henredon stool I've been carrying around for years. It's got some horrible 1980s floral fabric on it now and it deserves a change. Similar FLW stool (yes, they're insane with that list price)

At last, I will hang pictures. I should hang pictures. I might hang pictures. If the planets align and I get a message from beyond that the chosen spot is the perfect spot, I might just hang a picture.

• Related Discussions

TGIF!! What's up for your weekend.

Q

Comments (8)
    A little late to the party here but clicking you all nonetheless. David - good luck with your yard work. We had a lot of winter damage too. Annie - pat those babies! I was up at the local raw milk farm and they have their 3 new babies in a pasture next top the store so everyone can visit them. They are adorable! Hope the "family thing" goes well. Katie - shoveling? Yikes! LOL! I love snow and I think I would even be unhappy to see it right now. Sharon - I watched most of it too - I loved the dress!!!! So elegant. Good luck moving Meridith, I wish her all the best Trixie - good luck!!!!! Lyra - what a great gift idea! I am going to the tomato farm after next weekend, I think I will pick up a few extras to make planters for a few non-gardening friends. Good luck with fixing the truck and try to find time for a little fun too. Yesterday was crazy busy with kid activities. Field trip to the District Art Show with one sons class, then swim practice for one, then pick him up and take him to LAX practice then back to the pool with the older one for practice. This morning was a yard sale at a friends house, sold a bunch of stuff and only came home with a few things, one of which is a brand new 20" flat screen for the kitchen that someone won in a raffle, set it up and decided they wanted a bigger one so it is only a week old. Yard work this afternoon (yes, I am taking a break right this moment) and lots more yard work tomorrow. It is going to rain all next week here so I need to make haste while the sun shines LOL! Have a safe and happy weekend everyone! Clink! Alexa
    ...See More

TGIF! What are your weekend plans?

Q

Comments (12)
    Marilyn, You sure keep busy gal. I was exhausted from the trip...along with being cold. Enjoyed company, they were great guests. No grandkids visiting, but the animals were exhausted too from playing with the visitors. We all took a long nap today. Went to HP this morning and had to wear jeans and a sweatshirt, it cleared up but is back to the icky weather. I do know you live in the NW corner of NM, but was floored to hear their rainfall numbers. My guests are following storms all the way home to NC. Am on a roll though to get some things done. My son lives with me but travels a great deal, is with airline security and was called out last Thursday during the upheaval to LAX for a month. He is a great help when here but also tends to divert me from getting projects finished. Good diversions like watching movies and eating too much, when home he just kicks back. So, I have 4 weeks to play all day if I decide to. Bought tile at HP to finish the bath surround and have tile to do same with my fireplace. The kitchen had been remodeled about 5 years ago by previous owners, but they did a terrible job on the counter tile job. Tile was butted right next to each other, very little grout will stick in seams and I am constantly cleaning spills which seep in between tiels. Most likely this will be another tile job soon as I hate how it looks and the work. Am also putting a cement resurfacer on the concrete patio. Paid some good money to have this done on the driveway and looks like I can do as well myself. Thinking of putting a terra cotta tint in it. The patio is so old I really don't care if I mess up..hopefully next year will build a deck. If it turns out well, may not have to build that deck. Thunder and lightening....hot bath and snuggle in for the evening. Good grief, it is almost Sept. and we hardly had a summer....too early to talk about snuggling in. Sandy
    ...See More

TGIF!!What are your plans for the week-end?

Q

Comments (22)
    I watered my tomato plants this morning and one of my flower beds. Cleaned the kitchen really well today. Washed all the dishes in the dishwasher. Took a good 2 hour nap then played on the computer. I've taken my shower and am dressed for bed. Will get up and water some more in the morning then to church. We will pick up some fried chicken for lunch. The son is preparing Father's day dinner Sunday at 6:30. I'm really looking forward to his grilling, he is a great cook. I'm taking potato salad and comeback salad dressing. That should about finish the weekend.
    ...See More

TGIF-Weekend

Q

Comments (8)
    I will be off to the county before dawn to set up my camoflage blind on the bank of a beaver dam pond, where I will spend the day ducking raindrops and shooting pictures of the beavers, birds, ducks and any other wildlife that may stray into view. They are predicting heavy thundershowers by late afternoon. Fortunately I made my blind out of waterproof nylon, but if we start getting a lot of lightning my outing may get cut short...
    ...See More
  • tinam61
    8 years ago

We had an early afternoon appointment with our financial guy, in a nearby city where we don't visit often. So, we had a nice late lunch/early dinner and then hit an antique store. Being lazy tonight, it's been a tough two weeks for hubby (big work project). Nothing planned for tomorrow and Sunday but it will involve lots of time outside - which like Lynn, will start on the patio tomorrow morning. It's been a bit cooler this week but warming back up, although looks like humidity will stay low.

• mojomom
    8 years ago

Start of a 10 day vacation. Drove 11 hours today, and tonight, DH, the dog and I are chilling at a motel in western Kansas watching Casablanca on TV. We're meeting DD and her husband in Denver tomorrow morning. DD and I will stay and do some shopping while SIL, DH and the dog head up into the mountains. DD and I will definitely hit the RH and Le Crueset Outlets and then more retail therapy time permitting -- probably head to room and board and I've googled some rug shops we might check out, time permitting, but have promised the guys will be over the pass and home before dark. Sunday will be leisurely strolling around town with the guys,, checking out local galleries and shops and maybe try out a new restaurant. Or maybe a nearby afternoon hike with the dogs. Even on vacations, weekends are the best, because on weekdays work emails tend to intrude a bit more.

• rosesstink
    8 years ago

TGIF Not much exciting going on here. I expect to be on hold a lot because I've got a problem with one of my data plans that needs to be fixed. CindyMac's mention of a shrimp boil reminds me that I haven't done that yet this summer. Share your recipes, please.

• justgotabme
    8 years ago

Hubby's between contracts and after last week/weekend, we pretty much took it easy this week. No plans for the weekend other than hubby umpiring softball Saturday. I imagine Sunday afternoon we'll do something on the long to do list for the house. But that's fine. We'll be doing it together and he doesn't have to leave on a plane so that makes me happy. It won't be long before the next contract it signed, it's in Houston, so I'm enjoying him while I can.

• IdaClaire
    8 years ago

I love Fridays. They feel like a long exhalation after the busy week. Today we had cleaners at the old house getting it ready to hit the MLS next week. There's a "Coming Soon" sign in the yard and we've already had a couple of inquiries -- Lookie Lous, most likely. We will probably spend time on Sunday doing a bit more sprucing up around this place. I think the planters that flank the front door need flowers, and the painters took down SOME of the curtains inside and spackled over where the hardware was, so there's that to remedy as well.

I plan to enjoy our new house tomorrow. Might hang a few small pictures, do some more shelf lining, lounge around in my pajamas and drink coffee and pet cats and read. I'm looking forward to church tomorrow night, as we've had to miss the last couple of weeks. We might also go explore the network of waking trails in our new neighborhood. I'm eager to get back into an exercise routine.

Happy weekend to you all!

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

I will be up early in the morning for a 7.25 mile run at 6. Part of my half marathon group training. Then some of us may go for coffee and I will stop by a farmer's market for a few things. DH and I plan to go to the condo tomorrow afternoon and enjoy a little leisure. it had also been cooler her this past week but high temps and humidity will be back this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• User
    8 years ago

I am RELAXING tomorrow. This has been a very busy week. Sunday we have a family gathering to attend.

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

Let's see, eyebrow tint for me , car wash for the car, "day of beauty" for the dog. Plus we are going to west elm to check out a desk for DD2s room. She claims it is time to redecorate, and I agree.

Mojo, omg I don't think i could drive 10 hrs. DH does all the driving . I mean so much so that I think some friends think I am part of some ultra religious right wing sect and expect me to start wearing a bun and covering up my ankles. He just thinks it's chivalrous, and it have come to like it.

But he's away and I've been driving like a nut, between the vacation w DD2', family visits, and we just drove back from the beach tonite. Record time ... So nice against traffic.

Cindy, we had gorgeous weather all week. When it's so nice, you just want to soak it in! That was why we didn't leave until after dinner.

auntjen, I'm like an old person, where I barely remember what day of the week it is. School starts soon and that'll be a rude awakening to days of the week for sure! Your old house is so lovable!

jakabedy, I'm "single" too. DH and two of my kids have been abroad for 2.5 weeks. The longest we have ever been apart; before this it was a week when I was traveling once. It's so odd, esp for him and I because we spend a lot of our time together every day. We are picking them up at the airport tomorrow night, and I am toying with what I want to do. They have been working very hard and I want to do somethig special. IDK if like, balloons are hokey, but what then? I'd like to bring the dog but maybe you can't. When we were dating and living in diff cities ,many moons ago, he'd meet my flight with roses. Who doesn't like that. Years later it was usually the same car service guy time after time... Drat.

When is your DH coming back? I laughed when you said you ate at places he doesn't like. I cooked things he doesn't like, lol. That was about the only good part.

lynn, our neighbors just had twins. Maybe 3 weeks ago. You always forget how very small newborns are, at least I do.

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

I almost forgot… I'm gonna go to Trader Joe's tomorrow. With my print out!

• maire_cate
    8 years ago

Friday night I had an overdue chat with my wonderful sister-in-law who just moved from Doylestown (thinking of you Mtn) back to the Pittsburgh area. My brother was out of town so it was a long, long telephone visit.

After my 'Aqua bootcamp' at the gym it will be a day of cleaning up the flower beds in front of the house. We've finally had a break in the humidity so it's time to put in a few hours of yard work and toss some grass seed in the bare areas.

The kids and dogs will be over tomorrow for a final swim of the summer and DH will put a brisket on the smoker.

Oh - nearly forgot. Our tomatoes are a little late this year but it seems like they all ripened at once. We have 11 different heirloom plants and my neighbors have been lusting after them. So it's time to harvest and make up some baskets of tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and herbs for my neighbors.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    8 years ago

That's the thing about retirement...every day is Saturday. When you brought up this thread, it was almost nostalgia for those days. These days, I'm always surprised when someone says, "Have a nice weekend!" I'm like, "Oh, yeah, I guess it is Friday."

AND, mtnrd, you don't have to be OLD to not know what day it is! The other week, DH thought it was Tuesday, I thought it was Thursday. On average, we were right...it was Wednesday!

IAC, we are going out to lunch tomorrow...a place on the water... followed by a matinee play. Makes for a very relaxing and enjoyable afternoon, especially since the weather is supposed to be nice too. And it means I don't have to cook. Nice.

The bad news is, we do need rain, badly. I think we've upped and moved to CA!

• gsciencechick
    8 years ago

Last night we cooked burgers and watched NFL pre-season football. DH had a long day at work, and I had the first week of classes and drop/add, so we were both pretty beat. I didn't even make it until the end of the game and went to bed after 10 p.m. We plan to lay low this weekend since they next several are pretty busy. We may go to the comedy club and I mentioned the farmers market. There is more pre-season football later today. I am up early with the cats and will probably go to Spin class.

I do have course prep to do as I usually do on the weekends.

• robo (z6a)
    8 years ago

Wainscoting. Lots and lots of wainscoting.

• Sueb20
    8 years ago

Saw this show last night. What a fun band, and the lead singer has an amazing voice! Many of their songs were more upbeat than this, but I like their version of this song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl57QGlkVZQ

And DH just left with DS2 for his sophomore year in college. I'm home with DD, who was diagnosed with a fractured foot yesterday and seeing an orthopedist Mon for that and a potential back injury. So that's not fun. :(

• 4kids4us
    8 years ago

Last night dh and I had an impromptu date. The younger two had gotten invited to the pool with friends, the older two went the their high school season opener football game. Realizing it was just the two of us for dinner, we dropped them off, grabbed a gift card we've had for at least two years, and headed downtown. Unfortunately, beach traffic combined w/a jack-knifed tractor trailer had cars fleeing the highway onto our local roads, so it took forever, with multiple redirections to lesser used roads, to get to the restaurant. Food was ok, glad we had the gift card as it wasn't worth the prices...sadly, living in a tourist town, this happens often. It's a beautiful weekend here, and our last "free" one before fall sports take over. We are headed out later on a friend's boat. Tomorrow, one of the midshipmen we "sponsor" from the Naval Academy is coming over to relax (no relaxing on campus). She and the kids will probably take out our paddle board and kayaks. Her birthday was last week so I'm making a belated birthday dinner for her. Dh and I most likely will start organizing our new shed.

• 3katz4me
    8 years ago

We are at our weekend lake place that we bought in June (replaced a different lake property). Cooked steaks on the grill Friday night. Today we're going to look at options for making our big inefficient woodburning fireplace into an efficient one. Having a friend over for dinner tonight. Right now I'm having a cup of coffee and enjoying the peace and tranquility of being deep in the woods where I can't see my neighbors.

• mojomom
    8 years ago

Oh, Mtn, to correct DH did most of the driving. He thinks it's a payback because I have a work commute and he doesn't. I did insist in driving the middle third yesterday, in part, because he has been having some shoulder problems and I wanted to give him a break, but also I wanted to escape the work emails for a while. We actually enjoy road trips and do this one several times a year's, so we have the routine down to a science.

While riding, I did get some things wrapped up that were hanging -- dealing with 10 different groups of lawyers representing 10 different clients in a case is just like herding cats! We're resolved, but getting everyone's blessing on the documents takes some tenacity! Done!

The crops in Ks and western Co. look much better than in recent years. More rain than normal, I think.

I got this morning off to a bad start, by putting DH's capsaicin cream on my toothbrush -- had my eyes watering and mouth burning for a while, but all is well now.

It's fun seeing everyone's plans. Stay safe and have fun everybody!

• MagdalenaLee
    8 years ago

DH also prefers to drive, he feels like it's his "man duty." Silly but sweet. I relent even though I'm the better driver. Don't tell him I said that!

It's the dog days of summer in Central TX. Day after day of 100+ and not a drop of rain in sight. We're getting a break this week, mid to high 90s and lower humidity - oh joy! Water restrictions prevent most watering so the grass is brown, the trees and shrubs are wilted. I stay inside as much as possible. I guess this is the opposite of a snowstorm!

Yesterday I staged the bookcase. I boxed up about 3/4 of our books. DH says it looks sad. He loves his books.

Today, DH has a show at a small festival. I'm going but it's going to be miserable. The bands merch has been a disorganized mess lately, so I'm going to manage the table.

Tomorrow, maybe tackle a closet. Or stay in my pjs and read.

• prettybluehouse
    8 years ago

We're heading out to get a new garbage disposal. I'm pretty excited about it. Later, I'll try making homemade vegetarian Italian "sausage". I hope that goes well. I'm having a great morning so far, listening to Kermit Ruffins while sipping coffee and goofing around.

• gsciencechick
    8 years ago

Robo, I love the bathroom! I am quite envious of the clawfoot tub.

• jakabedy
    8 years ago

mtn, DH gets back Wednesday. So far this morning I have accomplished NOTHING except stripping beds and gathering and starting laundry. Oh, and wandering on the internet and on a whim purchasing a ticket for Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell this Monday night at the Santa Fe Opera. Because I remembered what I did when I was single -- I went and did things on a whim!

I also need to really sweeten up the guest room as we've agreed to host a friend/fellow musician on Thursday nights. She travels 3.5 hours one-way for weekly rehearsals and the hotels were wearing on her and adding up the $$$. I have a real excuse to clean house!

• blfenton
    8 years ago

I'm just so excited today because.... it's raining - yes it's raining!!!! Glorious rain! and cooler temperatures. The PNW needs, Washington, B.C. (where I am) rain so badly, so desperately because of the forest fire situation. And it's going to rain tomorrow and on Monday. It will be such a help. Part of the rain is a storm from Hawaii, I wonder if it's hitting northern California, I sure hope so.

Other than that my DH has been out of town pretty much since May on contract which finished mid-August and then he took his mom to visit his sister for a couple of weeks (I don't do MIL) and they'll be back Monday. So this weekend I will give the house a good cleaning and do a grocery shopping for many of his favourite foods.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

Oh no, Mojomom! That is so something I'd do.. What a way to wake up!

Sue, sorry to hear about your daughter's fracture. Last night I was texting with a friend who was in the ER with her son with a suspected ankle fracture. Hope she heals well!

I bought a long table/desk at ikea yesterday-- not my dream workspace but it is the length I want and I am tired of looking. Today I'll be reclaiming what had become a junk/storage room as my office.

Today is a big day for local small businesses. A friend is celebrating the one year anniversary of her clothing boutique and an artisan spice shop is opening. Not sure if I'll make it out today (I've already procrastinated the morning away!) but I'll be cheering them on. I am meeting with the owner of the spice shop early next week to perhaps join them part-time to help with the shop, online orders and marketing.

Tonight I am going to make a roasted chicken and haricots verts salad, poor a glass of wine and have a makeshift date night with the bf. He's still out of state so we'll watch a movie over the phone. You do what you gotta do!

Sunday my nephew will come over to help assemble my desk and help me prepare for a garage sale. He's learning disabled so these projects are great for his self esteem!

Monday is mom's birthday so we'll gather at their place. Not sure what the menu will include yet but there will definitely be margaritas and I'll make her favorite coconut cream pie.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

Jakebedy, what a wonderful way to spend a Monday evening! Enjoy the concert!

• joaniepoanie
    8 years ago

Hot and humid here so I will just putter inside....clean, watch movies, etc.. The humidity totally zaps my energy. I was out in it for only about 15 min yesterday helping my son and felt like a dish rag the rest of the day, not to mention getting all sweaty....yuk!

• dedtired
    8 years ago

I am ready for a nap just reading of all your plans. My weekend so far has been quite glamorous. I dropped Mom at the hairdresser. Today was Perm Day so I had a couple extra hours. I went through the car wash, got gas and returned a pan to BB&B. Then I came home and continued the ultra-glam job of scrubbing the kitchen floor. The grout was filthy. God, I hate that floor with a red hot passion.Then back to retrieve Mom. She smelled like ammonia. I swear I am going to start a blog about that hairdresser and all the riotous elderly patrons.

Since the Californians are coming to visit soon, (bro and DS #1), I am trying to get the place straightened up. Never ends. Jakabedy, sounds like we are having the same sort of day. I also bought some tickets on a whim, to hear Mika Brzezinski and her mother, who is a noted sculptor, speak.

I have to give the plants a good soak. My grass is now crunchy, it has been so dry. I even watered a young tree the other day. It's a Redbud and I don't want to lose it.

And the rest of the weekend is pretty much the same. My two closest friends are away so I have no playmates.

Earlier this week I made the drive from Philadelphia, to Portsmoth NH for the night, then Boothbay Harbor Maine. The return trip was Boothbay to Andover MA for the night, then home. My eyes felt like two burned cigarette holes when I pulled in my driveway. Saw one bad accident that put the fear of God in me, although there are still the idiots out there. Lots of backups along the way, too. I could not believe the traffic trying to get on the Tappan Zee going the opposite way from me. I'd have turned around and gone home.

• User
    8 years ago

Rose, we season the shrimp Cajun-style with Louisiana Fish Fry boil seasonings (the dry and liquid).

Remoulade

3/4 c mayo
    1/4 c chopped celery
    1/2 c chopped onion
    2 T parsley
    2-3 T ketchup
    3-4 T Creole or coarse grain mustard
    2 T horseradish
    2-3 T peanut oil
    1-2 t Worcestershire
    2-3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
    1/4 t cayenne
    1/4 t ground pepper
    1 t coarse salt

Combine all ingredients in food processor. Taste and adjust.

• Boopadaboo
    8 years ago

The weather here has been amazing. I took off of work yesterday and we went to Turtleback zoo with the kids. I had not been there since I was a kid. It was nice and smaller than the bronx zoo which is where we usually go.

Today was so nice we went for brunch and then to the playground. Maybe a pool day tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Cindy, I didn't know you're in Lousiana!!! I lived in SW Louisiana while raising my daughter and loved it! (we were in Moss Bluff just outside of Lake Charles), I miss the shrimp and crawfish!!!

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

Boop, i used to live not far from Turtleback. Great for wee ones!

Ded, why did I think your trip was the week b4?

Jakabedy, You are so lucky to live near the Santa Fe opera! We went a few years ago and I check every yr to see if they have an opera we like at a time we are free ---- soon I hope!

• Bonnie
    8 years ago

This has been our most enjoyable weekend on Cape Cod all summer. Fantastic beach weather, yet cool in the evenings, quite crowded, but despite that, we managed to get into our favorite restaurants. The dogs romped freely in the yard and were happy to be "free"--huge fenced yard.

It was a great TGIF for me, having just finished a couple of very challenging, but interesting weeks at work. When we cross the Sagamore bridge on Friday night, we both had an "ah-ha" moment! I call it "going to the happy house", because even if I have to do some work, I am in such a different place mentally. The sunsets were gorgeous, the beach water warm............this makes for a relaxing weekend.

Two of our DD's left for 2 weeks in Europe and we had lots of laughs about their texts en route and once settled. Now we are living vicariously though them!

Tended to some gardening, did lots of reading for a book group I'm part of at school in a couple of weeks, tidied up the house, met with the gardener to review goals for next summer, recovered a DR chair.......but it's all fun! Counting down the days until we're back here again!

Happy weekend to all!

• dedtired
    8 years ago

Mtn, you're right. The trip WAS last week. Good grief. I'm losing it.

bonnie, wish I could be at the Cape this year. Enjoy.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    8 years ago

As there seems to be a force field over my house that keeps rain from getting through, I will be water my garden and go through the cucumber jungle (I planted way too many in one bed). Our church holds a yard sale every year to fund the children's ministry and next Wednesday is the last day to drop things off so I am ruthlessly trying to go through things. As Saturday is my biggest work day, I will be ordering the minions around for that from my office. Sunday, after church, DH will be going out of town so I will probably putz around in the garden, perhaps make some pickles, make some cheese sticks with the kids and hopefully spend some time reading. I have not been able to do much of that since school started and I desperately need to get lost in a book for a while.

• romy718
    8 years ago

DH & I are babysitting our 15m/o grandson. This is DD & DSIL's first night (2 nights) away. First night she hasn't put him to bed. He cried/wobbled 30 min last night, 7 min tonight. We've had a wonderful weekend w/ him. They come home tomorrow & back to PA on Monday. They've been with us off & on all summer. I'm going to miss that little guy.

• Faron79
    8 years ago

Hmmmm...I work every-other weekend.

This was one of them...;-)

4 days off over Labor-day coming tho'!!! :-)