SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

Post vacation update on the plants + a few new blood :)

DavidL.ca
8 years ago

Got back to Canada early August and glad to report that most of the succs did well under my "plant nanny"'s help. I told them to only water the plants twice during the whole month and seems like most plants took it well

Few snapshot of the main windowsill

A few newer plants that I worried about the most made it as well:

The Lithops did something after I left, probably with the 2 watering the new heads finally popped up more (1 still refuses to do anything), but the old leaves also got plumped so I wonder how long it will take to finish shedding its old clothes... Also lost one of the adults, it just exploded with the last watering I think :(

Few babies finished its 1st/2nd regeneration, and some still working hard.. Originally I had 8 in here... two dried up and disappeared, one exploded. Again proving the hardships of communal pot for these little buggers.

The argy looked like it was dead when I first saw it, I mean even the new leaves seemed wrinkled and dying, so I took a chance and lightly watered it, seems to be doing better now.

So all and all it was a good scene to see when I got home, shows that these guys can really thrive with neglects!

Of course I didn't waste much time and got a few new plants in already..with Howard's help :)

Finally, H. truncata v. maughanii :)

I ordered a $5 Gastroaloe "Gray Ghost", but got a $10 huge one instead :O I think this is the largest succulent I've had, and it has 3-4 healthy pups going already

There's also Adromischus marianae cv. Little Spheroid, but most leaves broke off during shipping so I'll share photos later if the leaves can root well.

Hope everyone's plants has done well over this summer too!

Comments (14)