SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dhmail22

Shower floor width - 24 inches too small ? - wall to saddle

dhmail22
8 years ago

Hi, I was wondering what the standard shower width is from wall up to the curb/saddle. I just had a full bathroom remodel and currently from wall to saddle is 24 inches. The shower is replacing a tub so it is long but the width seems off. The curb starts after the 24 inches and then a 6 inch saddle, so a total of 30 inches wide. With a sliding shower door installed, the distance from the wall to the shower door is 28 inches. I think the contractor made a mistake here as I think it is still too tight (he says its 30 inches wide although I see it as 24 inches wide plus a large saddle), but he tells me this is as far as he can go because of the pan. I don't know the first thing about these things but it doesn't seem right. It is a small bathroom but there is about 4 1/2 inches between the saddle and the bathroom sink and another 8 inches between the sink and the toilet, so it seems like there was more room for him to make the shower floor wider. What do you all think ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (9)