SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

It's starting to feel like HOME!

IdaClaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This house has been my obsession for what seems like ages now. When we moved in a week ago, it felt so strangely foreign to me. I cried each time I went back to the old house to fetch another round of boxes. Today we worked at the old house and it's completely cleared out and awaiting the interior painters who will be there on Monday. We need to get it listed and on the market ASAP.

Tonight, for perhaps the first time, it hit me that THIS is our home now. Here is where we will pick up and start making new memories. I have to say, it's an exciting feeling when a place finally starts to really become your very own.

There is still much to be done but we have made a lot of progress unpacking and setting up. My brother, who is an art museum handler, will be coming by soon to hang our large paintings for us. He can knock the work out in about an hour while it would take us days. Anyway, I just wanted to share a few photos of things as they are now. I'll be so glad when the shutters arrive and the paper shades can go! Late September is the estimated time frame for that.

Comments (34)