SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audiokustomz

Need help with sick looking fruit/citrus trees.

Timothy French
8 years ago

Hello. I'm seeking advice as what could be causing my fruit trees to look so poor. I'm located in Orlando FL area. I purchased the trees about 1 year ago and transplanted them. We have been getting plenty of rain here lately, so I suspect that lack of water is not the problem, but possibly overwatering? I put down some Jobe's all purpose fertilizer about a month ago, hoping that it would revive them. They also probably absorb some of the regular fertilzer (32-0-10) I put down for the yard every month or two. They all looked very good at the beginning of Spring, but have been deteriorating over the past few months and don't want to lose them. Below are some pics...

From left to right: dwarf cavendash banana, florida peach, meyer lemon

Meyer...leaves shriveling and lots of dead branches. No spots or holes/bugs that I could see.

The peach tree seems to be doing the worst. It has lots of brown wilting leaves and bare branches, and also has holes from where bugs have been eating it occasionally. However, I couldn't find any bugs to take a picture of.

The cavendash seems to be fairing fine, although I need to trim off the dead stuff.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (6)