SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimkin

Quick Question about Christmas Window Lights

Zoe52
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I just recently built a new home and paid extra for electric outlets to be installed directly beneath my windowsill so that I could plug in some electric Christmas Lights for the Holidays.

I am currently researching candelabra lights for my windows.

I have one main switch at the front door that will turn on and off all the lights. Some of my windows are very high up and I would have to have them plugged in and always switched to on.

Given the above scenario... should I purchase candleabras with sensors or just with on/off switches? I am finding out that the three light candleabras seem to all have sensors. I can't seem to find any that just have on off switches.

If I got all electric lights with sensors and left my switches all on at all times, I believe they would most likely start at different times due to the light conditions. Some stay on 8 hours and some stay on from dusk to dawn. Correct?

If I could find all that just have an on/off switch then I could turn them all on at once from the front door and turn them off when I go to bed.

Which would you prefer? Just wondering before I spend the money on these.

If I am going with the on/off switch... please help me find some 3 to 5 light candelabras with that feature and no sensor. Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012