SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graygrayandwhite

Grass (Bamboo?) Wall Maybe Dying? Possible to Revive?

L T
8 years ago

I mistaken posted this question to the "Bamboo" section thinking this thing I'm looking at was bamboo, but a helpful user informed me that it's not! On with the question:

I just bought a property with a bamboo wall separating the residence from a commercial property next door. I've tried to visit at least once a week to water it, but it doesn't seem to be waking up. Last week, I spent 3 hours pulling out dead bamboos, filling five large trash bins of cuttings. The dead stalks were easy to pull out: they just came right out with barely a tug. This is what I was left with, a week later.

It seemed as though the root system was rotting and was not sustaining new growth because all the dead stuff was blocking the way for new stalks, but I have no idea. (Truth be told, I have no clue what I'm doing.) Check out the huge clump of roots at the base of this bamboo wall:

Is this wall a goner? Is there anything I can do to encourage LIVE green growth? It seems like there is hope, but I'm not sure.

Note: I'm in Los Angeles, the weather has been hot, and we're in drought conditions.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions