SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbhask

Need Help: ventilation for Wolf 36" 6-burner Rangetop

sbhask
8 years ago

Hi everyone, we are in the planning stages of a kitchen renovation. I have settled on a Wolf Rangetop (SRT366) or possibly the 5-burner cooktop (CG365P) if the budget gets tight. That was easy. I am having trouble sorting out the hood. I have read a lot on here about the importance of having proper ventilation, and the challenge I am having is balancing my wife's desire for having a small visual footprint and desire for a quiet hood with the need to clear our smoke and odors sufficiently. She would love one that looked like this:

36" Stainless Steel Island Hood With Flat Glass · More Info

But after reading many threads, some believe that more traditional (i.e. professional) looking hoods do a better job. Is this indeed the case?

We have options with regards to how we setup the blower. We are planning to place the rangetop where the ovens are now (see picture below) and run it straight up through the roof (9'-10', there is no attic above). Knowing this, is having an external blower preferable to an internal one in terms of keeping noise down? I have been looking at Broan; are there models that would we should be looking at to minimize noise?

As for our style of cooking, we don't do any wok cooking and only occasionally fry or sear things (once every 2 weeks). We do frequently cook foods that emit steam and odors, though, like onions.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (3)