SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Would you buy a house with pet grave markers?

caflowerluver
8 years ago

I didn't want to piggyback on the post " Would you buy a house near a cemetery?" I was telling my DH about the post and neither of us would have a problem buying a house that was near a cemetery, but then he said something that threw me for a loop. He said we will have to get rid of the markers on our dog's graves. That it might put people off and they would not want to buy a place where animals were buried.

We live on 2.5 acres, our house is at one end of the land and their graves are at the most further point away from the house. There are only 2 graves with small wooden markers surrounded by oak trees. You wouldn't know they were there unless you go looking for them. Our current dog, Elvira, is almost 14 years old and has lots of health problems. When she leaves this world I wanted to make permanent cement markers for all 3. Because of our age and health problems we don't think we would get another dog, so would only be a total of 3. I do go down there and visit, we have a homemade wooden bench under the trees. I have planted Paper Whites around the graves and keep the area free of weeds. When I am sitting there, it makes me think of all the good times and fun things we did when they were alive. We had Gretchen for 14.5 years and Samantha for 18.5.

Any house you buy could have a buried pet, it just isn't marked. Would it turn you off if you saw stepping stone size pet markers at a house you were going to buy?

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!